FGLRX and ATI

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 01:44:23 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 07:20, Harry Vorstenbosch wrote:
> Howard,
>
> I do not know if it could be at any help for you, but I have compared
> your xorg.conf file with mine, and herewith I show you (only) the
> differences:(Mine Graphics card is an ATI RV350 AR with a Targa
> Visionary LCD 17-4 connected to).
>
> # /etc/X11/xorg.conf (xorg X Window System server configuration file)
> # If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically
> updated # again, run the following command:
> #   sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg
>
> Section "Files"
> 	FontPath	"/usr/share/X11/fonts/CID"
>         # paths to defoma fonts
> 	FontPath	"/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/CID"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Module"
> 	Load	"GLcore"
> 	Load	"i2c"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
> 	Identifier	"ATI Technologies, Inc. Radeon 9600 XT (RV350 AR)"
> 	Driver		"ati"
> EndSection

wrong driver for hardware acceleration from what I understood.
fglrx is the ATI provided driver, and from what I can tell the "ati" driver
doesn't quit work on my AGP card.

However, I think I'm going to try it once, just to see what happens.
I think some time back I did try this and got half decent rates, but nothing
close to hardware acceleration.

--

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.