tellico or alternative

pradhish kumar pradhishkumar at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 01:04:34 UTC 2006

how to install these packages do they need a compiler or anything like that, kubuntu does not come with a compiler right. when i try to install any progs it says compiler not found

Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:  Art Alexion wrote:

> Derek Broughton wrote:
>

>>There's your problem. That is _not_ a breezy package. I'm not sure where
>>you're getting it, but the current version at
>>http://packages.ubuntu.com/breezy/kde/tellico is 0.13.3-1ubuntu1.
>>
>>If it's coming from breezy-backports, perhaps you have a recourse, but
>>otherwise I'd suggest you can't expect valid packaging :-( Try explicitly
>>installing 0.13.3-1ubuntu1 (aptitude install tellico=0.13.3-1ubuntu1).
>>

> Yes. It is from Breezy-backports.
> Fortunately (or unfortunately). it worked in breezy/KDE 3.4.3.
> I saved data while using it there.
> 0.13.3 (official version) does not recognize the new data format.
> I'm thinking a note to the package maintainer.

In that case, I guess it's your only recourse. Since I like to live on the
edge, I never bother with the backports - I'm always using the unstable
versions - so I don't know what promises of reliability there are, but that
version of tellico is clearly not compatible with your version of KDE.
Isn't KDE 3.5 in breezy-backports, though? You'd seem to need the whole
KDE 3.5 to make this work.
--
derek