Mount points for USB media

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 18:46:16 UTC 2006

Hi!
I have an external USB disk where I store most of my media. It works
fine in kubuntu: I put the cable in, and I get an icon on the desktop.
Great, as it should be. However, when I mount said disk, it appears as
either /media/usbdisk0, /media/sda1, /media/sdb1, or /media/sdc1. This
is very annoying, as I would like things such as amarok to use the
collection of files on the disk, rather than point to the disk
everytime its mount point changes and re-scan.

Can anyone suggest anything? I don't have an entry for USB media on my
/etc/fstab entry, so I assume that this is a HAL-related issue.

Cheers!