Strange behaviour

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Thu Dec 14 21:11:18 UTC 2006

On Thursday 14 December 2006 14:30, my mailbox was graced by a missive
 from "Hervé Fache" <Herve at lucidia.net> who wrote:

> Shame you snipped the second part of my reply, which justified
> accepting these (hopefully temporary) error messages to allow people
> with disabilities to use Kubuntu with tablets.

I would have thought that Kubuntu could be relied on to detect tablets (and
other hardware), and install the proper drivers only when they are needed ?

Or do you believe in installing drivers for inexistent hardware, just in case
they may be of use to some users ?

And in such case, what about installing by default the driver for serial mice,
and overwriting it with another mouse driver if a mouse of a different
persuasion is detected ?

That could be a _lot_ more useful to the community at large than the tablet
drivers.

Cheers,

Ron.
--