new in kubuntu

Rebel Lion obsidion at ihug.co.nz
Thu Dec 7 19:29:00 UTC 2006

Around Friday 08 December 2006 08:11, Scott Mazur wibbled of :
> On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 19:25:32 +0100, Simon Edwards wrote
>
> > Just out of curiosity, what are you people typically doing with
> > Konqueror in /bin, /usr etc?
> >
> > Everyone's home directory is full of hidden files but no-one ever
> > complains about that.
>
> Maybe more people are logging in as root and expecting to see a fully
> populated / directory ;)

 Personally I use yakuake when I want to search my my home directory for files
and ls -a

> I think the comparison with home directory is missing the point.  If you
> need to see hidden files in home, it's as simple as selecting 'show hidden
> files' in the menu.  You can even make it your personal preference.
>
> However with the .hiddens file, you have no options to view or hide it
> anymore.  Newbies may not care, but anyone who's spent any time at all in
> KDE is going to get a little concerned when the system directories appear
> to be missing or un-reachable.

  Where it is a real pain is if you are trying to find a helper add for say
firefox. I see it has been removed in Feisty, good it was a very
short-sighted thing to do imho.

--
~~~ Aaargh no it's mail from some weirdo ~~~
homepages http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~obsidion