new in kubuntu

Scott Mazur kubuntulists at littlefish.ca
Thu Dec 7 19:11:10 UTC 2006

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 19:25:32 +0100, Simon Edwards wrote
> Just out of curiosity, what are you people typically doing with
> Konqueror in /bin, /usr etc?
>
> Everyone's home directory is full of hidden files but no-one ever
> complains about that.

Maybe more people are logging in as root and expecting to see a fully
populated / directory ;)

I think the comparison with home directory is missing the point.  If you need
to see hidden files in home, it's as simple as selecting 'show hidden files'
in the menu.  You can even make it your personal preference.

However with the .hiddens file, you have no options to view or hide it
anymore.  Newbies may not care, but anyone who's spent any time at all in KDE
is going to get a little concerned when the system directories appear to be
missing or un-reachable.

Myself, I like have the whole directory tree at my disposal.  If I need to
drag files from one system folder to another, I can do that straight across
the navigator panel.  I can't do that if the navigator panel is crippled.

Scott

--
Registered Linux user #395249, http://counter.li.org
Nothing goes to waste when Little Fish are near!