java

John L Fjellstad john-ubuntu at fjellstad.org
Wed Aug 16 13:11:49 UTC 2006

Harold Hartley <harold_hartley at verizon.net> writes:

> Thanks for the help and now can see all the packages.
> I now have downloaded a couple of packages just fine,
> but now have a problem when trying to install the
> flashplugin package and it just sits there.
>
> How can I get out of this since its not doing anything
> and how do I clean up any locked files or whatever it
> may have done.

The thing about flash is that Ubuntu is not allowed to distribute the
program.  What they did (whoever made the package) was to download the
program from adobe(?) website.  That means that you need to agree to the
license before you (as the user) need to agree to the license before you
download and install the program.

So, in adept
during installation, click on the show details button, and follow the
instructions.

The easiest would probably to install from the command line (since the
license will be on the same console), especially for programs like flash
and sun-java.
sudo aptitude install <package name>

--
John L. Fjellstad