Stuff from kcontrol missing in System Settings

Hamster hamster at invisiblepixels.org
Sat Apr 29 17:26:11 UTC 2006

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 20:10:06 -0700
Scott <listboi at angrykeyboarder.com> wrote:

> I've gathered that "System Settings" is Kubuntu's replacement (and
> improvement upon) kcontrol.

It would appear so, yes :)

> The problem I've found is that there are a few functions that didn't
> make it to System Settings (or I'm blind, one or the other).

When I first started using it, I too thought the same thing. It's taken
a lot of poking around, but most things are indeed in System Systems.
You just have to keep hunting, and even look in places where you'd
think "surely they wouldn't have put it there".

> That one is the theme manager.   I just downloaded a theme file from
> kde-look.org could not find a place in System Settings to use it.

System Settings -> Appearance -> Style and or Window Decorations?

I'm not sure if that's what themes are though. I'm afraid I've never
done anything with themes!

H.