Suspend to RAM in Dapper

C Hamel yogich at sc2000.net
Tue Apr 25 15:02:29 UTC 2006

> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:57:36 +0200
<SNIP>
> I don't know if it is related, but today I upgraded from
> linux-image-2.6.15-20 to linux-image-2.6.15-21 and the new kernel also
> crashed when resuming from STR. I can't even produce a log because it
> complains about my ext3 partition and remount it read-only. So the
> only log I have is a text screen of 80x25 characters :-(
>
> To be sure, I booted again with the previous kernel and it worked
> again. Well - at least, as badly as before: I already mentioned the
> problem on the kubuntu-devel list... During the first resume from STR,
> I have 3 times a message about a "problem with the ATA thingy" which
> delays the resume for maybe 15s. Then all following resume are
> "normal".
>
> In the changelog of the kernel, it is written that they improved the
> ACPI part... not so sure ;-)
> --
> Michel

I am... they didn't succeed.  Suspension on my HP ze5570 has never ever worked
on either Breezy or Dapper.  I just gave up beating the dead horse.  That is
apparently (and probably) the only thing M$ has on Linux, and it really
puzzles me because machines aren't built around the software, software is
designed around the new technology.  Why can't the Linux people get this
right?  I mean no disrespect to the developers... quite the contrary: they
just_have to be brighter than the M$ developers!!
--
	...CH