Suspend to RAM in Dapper

Michel D'HOOGE michel.dhooge at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 20:57:36 UTC 2006

2006/4/23, Pavan Balaji <balaji at cse.ohio-state.edu>:
>  I recently upgraded to dapper with the following apt sources:
>
> [...]
> After this suspend-to-RAM completely stopped working. When I suspend the
> machines (either by closing the lid or by manually suspending), it just
> crashes. Anyone else noticed this?

Which kernel do you have?

I don't know if it is related, but today I upgraded from
linux-image-2.6.15-20 to linux-image-2.6.15-21 and the new kernel also
crashed when resuming from STR. I can't even produce a log because it
complains about my ext3 partition and remount it read-only. So the
only log I have is a text screen of 80x25 characters :-(

To be sure, I booted again with the previous kernel and it worked
again. Well - at least, as badly as before: I already mentioned the
problem on the kubuntu-devel list... During the first resume from STR,
I have 3 times a message about a "problem with the ATA thingy" which
delays the resume for maybe 15s. Then all following resume are
"normal".

In the changelog of the kernel, it is written that they improved the
ACPI part... not so sure ;-)
--
Michel