Autostart a WLAN Card

Brad De Vries devriesbj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 20:50:28 UTC 2005

Hey all, I have Kubuntu 5.04 on an IBM ThinkPad with a PCMCIA Proxim
wireless NIC (uses Atheros chipset.)  Is there anything that will
allow ath0 initialize automatically during boot?  I'm hoping for
something that would scan for available networks, attempt to connect
to each one until either it's successful or it runs out of available
networks.

KWiFiManager is setup but it doesn't seem to auto-connect as expected.
 Even after the system boots and I login, there is no wifi connection
available.  I have to either go into the configuration editor and
click "Activate" or enable it manually before it works.

Any thoughts?

Brad.