HW-Detection

Andreas Schmidt megandy at gmx.de
Thu Nov 24 21:31:14 UTC 2005

Hi federico.
e.g. my laptop has a "ATI Radeon Mobility-P AGP 4x" graphic card is not
recognized and not listed for example in kde-information-center. When I
run kanotix, the graphic card is listed. Furthermore or I think because
of the wrong detection my CPU-consumption under Ubuntu is in idle-mode
nearly 15% in kanotix less than 5% (when I run kde). I already tried
several "how-tos" to install the ati-drivers, but it always failed. So
after spending more than 10 hours only with that problem I wondered why
it works with a distro based also on debian and with ubuntu it doesn't..

Perhaps, you have any suggestions?

Thanks