New kubuntu based distro

AgarFu heaven at croasanaso.sytes.net
Thu Nov 24 21:40:07 UTC 2005

Hi all!

We are working at La Laguna University trying to create a new live distro
based on kubuntu. The difference between our version and the official one is
that our distro could be installed.

We are using metadistros (http://metadistros.hispalinux.es) and
ubuntu-express, but we are analizing the front-end written in gtk to port it
to pyQt or pyKDE.

If you want to give it a try, the iso is here:
http://ssl.ull.es/ssl/files/distros/ull-linux-200511241308.iso
http://ssl.ull.es/ssl/files/distros/ull-linux-200511241308.md5

This is the post on our portal (it is written in spanish):
http://ssl.ull.es/node/38

If you want to launch the instalation process, just execute "ubuntu-express"

This is an alpha release, but you can help us reporting bugs related to the
start and install procceses.

thx to all, and sorry for my awful english.
--
René Martín Rodríguez
Id de la clave: 30A64AE2 Huella digital: