Compiling your own Applications from Source.

Martin J Hooper martinjh at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Nov 19 07:44:49 UTC 2005

Holger Rumland wrote:
> a) what packages are required ?

> c) do you need to set the QT3 path so that the files are found in Kubuntu ?

You need to install the following packages:

x-dev
libxext-dev
kdebase-dev
build-essential - Compilers, make, autoconf etc
libice-dev

This will install all the package development files and compilers.

> b) is there some parameter required with ./config like (./config --suffix) ?

./configure
./make
sudo ./make install

If you are compiling KDE styles you will have to do ./configure
--prefix=/usr

You Don't need to set the QT3 path in anything I have compiled so far.