Compiling your own Applications from Source.

Holger Rumland hrumland at shaw.ca
Sat Nov 19 05:40:12 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,
I would like to compile some applications by my own from the source
tarball. Therefore I need to know
which packages need to be installed, so that this process will run
successful. Unfortunate there is no
Meta package which would install the required packages all at once. I
got also failures earlier complaining
about the suffix during ./config process and that he cannot find the the
QT3 files even as the devel packages
are installed, exiting the config script.

a) what packages are required ?
b) is there some parameter required with ./config like (./config
--suffix) ?
c) do you need to set the QT3 path so that the files are found in
Kubuntu ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Holger