Trashcan behavior seems odd

Ignazio Palmisano ignazio_io at yahoo.it
Wed Nov 9 15:01:08 UTC 2005

Hi all,
I'm a Linux newbie (and Kubuntu newbie too). I installed 5.10 a couple
of weeks ago and started installing lots of things I needed, such as
Eclipse and other nice little programs of about 100 MB each. Not
surprisingly, the space on my root partition ran quite low (I installed
Kubuntu in a 5 GB partition), so I moved programs up and down my partitions.
The problem is, I found a folder:

/home/ignazio/.local/share/Trash/files

that seems to be the folder in which the trashed files go until you
erase them for good. To my surprise, there were about 1.5 GB files in
there, resisting my efforts to empty the basket, and all of them were
files I deleted hours ago.
Is this expected behavior, or maybe did I manage to put some switch wrong?

Thank you very much for your answers, and please excuse the naivete :-)
Ignazio
--
Ignazio Palmisano
Ph.D. Student - palmisano at di.uniba.it, ignazio_io at yahoo.it