[kubuntu-users] Re: kubuntu vs ubuntu

Simon Rönnqvist simon at iki.fi
Sun Nov 6 12:35:44 UTC 2005

On Sunday 06 November 2005 00:57, Jose Gomez-Dans wrote:
> On 05/11/05, Simon Rönnqvist <simon at iki.fi> wrote:
> > Personally I'm using a theme which I made out of the default theme:
> > http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=28190
> > In the theme the default icons are used but colored green. I've found
> > that
>
> Interesting. I like the theme, downloaded it, and was left frustrated
> trying to work out how to install it in kubuntu breezy!!! Before,
> there was an option to import theme from file, but now I can only see
> import colour scheme, and not the .kth file. I know there's the
> kthememanager directory in /usr/share..., where the xml files are
> kept, but I thought that KDE could automatically install the tiheme?

  Yeah... frustrating huh? :-)
The good news is that the old Control panel is still present. Choose "Run
command..." and type in kcontrol and hit enter. Hope they make sure the new
control panels has everything that the old one had soon... cause it's
otherwise kinda neat and it's a pity having to use kcontrol. ;-)

> If I click on the file, I get an application launch icon in my
> taskbar, but nothing happens.
>
> Any clues? I feel I'm missing something really obvious!

Not really... you've just discovered a bug, or let's say a missing feature.
BTW. You can also add themes by rightklicking them and choosing to add them
from the menu... But you'll have to activate them from kcontrol anyways...

  cheers, Simon
PS. Glad you liked the theme... I think I might post an update at some
point...