kubuntu vs ubuntu

Josef K. me at privacy.net.invalid
Sun Nov 6 10:18:18 UTC 2005

Simon Rönnqvist wrote:
> But for Kubuntu and KDE in general a problem is that people get put of by
> it's M$ Windowish look. In fact I think that KDE is more innovative and

I'm afraid the problem isn't m$ look but m$ stability!
in hoary konqueror crash ofter (too often), in breezy it's much more stable
but there're still apps too unstable (kaffeine crash when I close it
_always_ and ofter adept kate amule etc. crash before startup (and without
any worning!))

> Personally I'm using a theme which I made out of the default theme:
> http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=28190
> In the theme the default icons are used but colored green. I've found that

still looking for a good dark theme :(
unfortunately some apps use default text color: if I set dark background
with light text they become unusable ç_ç

--
Josef K.