scanner Benq 3300U problems

Clay Weber claydoh at claydoh.com
Thu May 5 12:36:43 UTC 2005

Look here: http://snapscan.sourceforge.net/
for directions on setting up the path to the required firmware file.

It looks like you need a file called u222v067.bin which will be found on
your scanner's driver disc. Then you will need to place the file somewhere:

sudo mkdir /usr/share/sane/snapscan
(this is similar to the path that my mustek (gt68xx based) scanner uses)

then copy the firmware file :

sudo cp u222v067.bin /usr/share/sane/snapscan

Now we need to edit the config file to point it to the firmware:

sudo kwrite /etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf

edit the line "firmware /path/to/your/firmware/file.bin"
to read "firmware /usr/share/sane/snapscan/u222v067.bin"

This should get you going I hope!