Getting Firefox to open when clicking on links in Thunderbird

James Evans james at bw.misa.org
Fri Jul 22 08:23:34 UTC 2005

I'm using KDE too :)
You might try manually editing a gconf entry. You'll need to create a
directory with the path:
"~/.gconf/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http/"
Then create a file called "%gconf.xml"
That file should contain something like this:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<gconf>
        <entry name="command" mtime="1121943099" type="string">
                <stringvalue>/usr/bin/opera -newpage %s</stringvalue>
        </entry>
</gconf>

Failing that, just "apt-get gconf-editor" - It'll bloat your system, but
it's still handy for handling hidden settings for a whole bunch of
gnome-dependent packages