Getting Firefox to open when clicking on links in Thunderbird

James Evans james at bw.misa.org
Thu Jul 21 10:55:21 UTC 2005

What I did to get this working for Opera was to launch gconf-editor and
navigate to:

/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http/

Then change the key value for "command" to launch firefox (for Opera,
the value I used was "/usr/bin/opera -newpage %s"). You'll probably want
to have a look at the documentation for mozilla-remote, too.
Also, make sure that the key for "enabled" is checked.

Cheers
James