KDE & GDE won't cooperate

Martin J Hooper martinjh at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 27 16:37:53 UTC 2005

Dave wrote:
> I'll be the first to admit that I am a bit green when it comes to Linux
> in general, but I'm learning. I have tried a handful of different
> distros and several window managers including Gnome, KDE & Xfce. I
> continue to come back to KDE though, as my preferred desktop but I have
> fallen in love with some of the programs available in Gnome I frankly,
> can't live without them.

Sounds like you need to enable the multiverse and universe repositories
in /etc/apt/sources.list

When you have done that do the following to read the details of those
repos..

sudo apt-get update

Then Adept should see all the extra software.

See this wikipage if you get stuck.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AddingRepositoriesHowto?highlight=%28repo%29