Adding non-ubuntu packages

Derek Broughton auspex at pointerstop.ca
Fri Apr 29 19:57:22 UTC 2005

I tried this before, and was told "don't do that", so I'll try to take a
different tack.

I want to add a package (Mambo) from Debian experimental.  Please don't tell
me it's dangerous to add packages from Debian, let alone from "experimental".
I already _have_ mambo, so it's too late for that.

Is there a way to either add the debian repository to /etc/apt/sources.list
and have it not generally checked, or to use an alternate source list when I
want to get something from another repository?

This has the oddest result:

  apt-get update -c=/etc/apt/sources.list
  E: Syntax error /etc/apt/sources.list:36: Extra junk at end of file

Funny how the same configuration file read by default is invalid if it's named
explicitly!
--
derek