Where are the powerpc developers?

Arthur Moore arthur.moore at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 02:20:29 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 26 April 2005 15:10, Albert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have issues with the airport card using kubuntu. It can't
> -apparently- use the kwifimanager to connect to encrypted wireless
> lans. Who has tested or setup the kwifimanager?
>
> Does anyone have experience with the powerpc distribution?
>
> The powerpc developers, have they tested wireless networking?
>
> I'd love to move to kubuntu but this last issue is holding it all back.
> Please any relevant information would be apreciated.
>
> Albert
It's true that kwifimanager does not work. it does not update the wireless
key. how ever, the airport card does work with WEP encryption in open mode.
You just have to edit /etc/network/interfaces to use it.

here's an example of what I have:

iface eth1 inet dhcp
        wireless-mode managed
        wireless-rate 11M auto
        wireless-essid NETGEAR
        wireless-keymode open
        wireless-key1 ##########################(wireless key)
        wireless-defaultkey 1

do an ifup eth1 and you should be set.
Good luck

Art Moore