Hoary upadtes

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 17:35:27 UTC 2005

Hi!
Before Hoary was released, an apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade
resulted in large changes, even from day to day. After release, I have
noticed that these don't happen anymore. There are a number of
packages that have bugs which have been solved in them, but whose
newer versions are not available (kaffeine, and it's 100% CPU usage
bug, for example, is fixed in ubuntu3 according to bugzilla, but only
ubuntu2 is available).

Am I doing something stupid? My apt sources file looks like this:

#ppt config and all
deb http://quozl.netrek.org/pptp/pptpconfig ./
## Uncomment the following two lines to fetch updated software from the network
deb http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary main restricted

## Uncomment the following two lines to fetch major bug fix updates produced
## after the final release of the distribution.
 deb http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-updates main restricted

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'universe'
## repository.
## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as to
## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
## universe WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu security
## team.
 deb http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary universe

 deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-security main restricted

 deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-security universe

# Codecs, multimedia...
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ testing main