KDE session hangs on "Initializing System Services"

Roel Schouten roel_schouten at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 12 08:48:30 UTC 2005

Hey folks,

I'm having the following problem with Kubuntu:

My KDE session hangs on "Initializing System Services" each time I log in
after a reboot. While it hangs/waits, my floppy led shortly lights up after
appr. 1 minute. then after 1 minute more, KDE finally starts up. The issue
does not occur if I log off and on without rebooting.

I tried the following with no success:
- Looked in .xsession-errors and syslog - no suspicious messages as far as I
can see.
- Logged in as root to check whether the issue is caused by authentication
problems.
- Removed the module for my NIC, so no networking was enabled.

I'm running the official Hoary release on a Dell Optiplex GX280.

Roel.