Bugfix release did not go as well as I was led to believe it would.

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 21:41:42 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Scarlett Clark
<scarlett.gately.clark at gmail.com> wrote:
> libc6 was updated and broke some stuff leading to dependencies not being
> met.
>
> libksysguard I know was affected, but I found upstream patch
> https://phabricator.kde.org/D1010
>
> and I uploaded ubuntu2 with said patch, as of 8PM it is still (waiting for
> approval)
> Anyway, in the future, never ever again will this be done by me one week
> before release.
> I am ready just to tell them to reject everything.
>
> /steps away from the computer before she rage quits.
>
> Scarlett

Scarlett, thank you so much for doing all this work. I worry about
your health and well-being, and I think all of us share my concern for
the heavy burden both you and Philip have taken on this cycle.

It seems like every release there is some nasty surprise lurking,
which the devels all have to scramble to fix. lib6 sounds pretty huge!

I think the next big task for the Council is to grow the development
team this cycle. I think our packaging docs are good at least through
the beginning phase of setting up the development environment, which
I've successfully done. Now we need to take it further, and document
how prepared people can actually help you and Yofel and Clivejo out.
And then get cracking helping all those volunteers to actually fix
problems and build packages. Jon used to be so good at doing this; we
miss this. And I think we can all help do this now that he's moved on.

Thank you again for all you do for us, Scarlett.

All the best,

Valorie