New site hosting

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at
Sun May 31 04:54:30 UTC 2015

Thanks for clarifying, Ovidiu-Florin.

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 12:07 AM, Ovidiu-Florin BOGDAN
<ovidiu.b13 at> wrote:
>> În ziua de Vin 29 Mai 2015, la 06:09:03, José Antonio Rey a scris:
>> I don't understand why are we trying to switch. The migration is halfway
>> done.
> Because it's been almost 2 months since the request was made for the
> migration. And the end is nowhere in sight.
> Also we have considered a switch even before, and the only reason we decided
> to stick with Canonical Servers is because it's free and we don't have to
> take care of the sysadmin work.
> If we can get that somewhere else, that does our requested changes when we
> ask for them, not a month later.
> I like the offer Rick made. Let's wait for his feedback on that.
>> Hosting our own site right now seems like jumping the gun. However, how
>> about at least moving our content, plus mirroring the
>> mainsite? That way if we do have to jump, we'll be prepared.
> Valorie, I dont' understand this. I'm not proposing to change hosting
> because of recent events. Recent events just contributed to push me in
> wanting to switch even more. I've had plenty of reasons to migrate before:
> No acces to change theme, or plugins
> Very limited access to change webiste configuration
> Very limited acces to upload files (this might be just because on the
> current website, Drupal is an ancient version and it could be broken or
> missconfigured)
> Extreme delay in processig requests
> Just to name a few.
> Ovidiu-Florin BOGDAN
> Kubuntu România

If our site will be *better* off of Canonical kit, then by all means
let's do it! The reasons you give are all reasons to move.



More information about the kubuntu-devel mailing list