New site hosting

Ovidiu-Florin BOGDAN ovidiu.b13 at
Fri May 29 07:07:27 UTC 2015

> În ziua de Vin 29 Mai 2015, la 06:09:03, José Antonio Rey a scris:> I don't understand why are we trying to switch. The migration is halfway done.

Because it's been almost 2 months since the request was made for the migration. And the end is nowhere in sight.
Also we have considered a switch even before, and the only reason we decided to stick with Canonical Servers is because it's free and we don't have to take care of the sysadmin work.
If we can get that somewhere else, that does our requested changes when we ask for them, not a month later.
I like the offer Rick made. Let's wait for his feedback on that.

> Hosting our own site right now seems like jumping the gun. However, how about at least moving our content, plus mirroring the mainsite? That way if we do have to jump, we'll be prepared.
Valorie, I dont' understand this. I'm not proposing to change hosting because of recent events. Recent events just contributed to push me in wanting to switch even more. I've had plenty of reasons to migrate before:
     *  No acces to change theme, or plugins
     *  Very limited access to change webiste configuration
     *  Very limited acces to upload files (this might be just because on the current website, Drupal is an ancient version and it could be broken or missconfigured)
     *  Extreme delay in processig requests
Just to name a few.

*Ovidiu-Florin BOGDAN*[1] 
Kubuntu România

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the kubuntu-devel mailing list