Updates on libqapt for today

Michael Stemle themanchicken at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 04:10:49 UTC 2013

So it looks like scheduling for a meeting is going to be tricky with all of
you cool people going to bugout and doing VUDS, so I've gone ahead and
pushed all of my changes (through tonight) to my own github:
https://github.com/manchicken/libqapt

If you maintain something which depends on libqapt, please review the
changes, *these changes may break things despite my best efforts to
maintain compatibility*. If we do find compatibility issues I am happy to
see what can be done to resolve them.

Also note that my changes DO include some of the changes Jon made but were
never released. I've fixed a couple of bugs, and I've added (potentially
incorrectly-scoped) unit tests around the parsing of a file so far.

I'm going to keep plugging away at the tests until I'm satisfied, if there
are any test cases that you would like me to account for, please let me
know. (Keep in mind that I don't know how to do QtTests for things
involving qdbus, so if you want me to do anything there you may be putting
yourself on the hook for helping me figure out how to test that)

Much thanks.

--
~ Michael D. Stemle, Jr.