Browser selection from Ubiquity

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Thu Jan 31 13:54:18 UTC 2013

On Thursday, January 31, 2013 07:18:41 PM Rohan Garg wrote:
> > If we're going to put Firefox on our install media we should just make it
> > default.   It's the only browser in the archive with proper security
> > support.  In the long run that's a really, really essential feature for
> > browsers.
> You misunderstood me, I'm proposing to make it opt-in like the mp3
> codecs on the "Prepare page".

In this case, you still get rekonq if there's no network during install.

I don't see any significant advantage for doing it during the install versus
making it easy to do post-install.  Why do you think it's better?

Also, if we start having application selection during install, what else ends
up there?  It's a slippery slope.

Scott K