Browser selection from Ubiquity

Rohan Garg rohangarg at kubuntu.org
Thu Jan 31 13:48:41 UTC 2013

<snip>
> If we're going to put Firefox on our install media we should just make it default.   It's the only browser in the archive with proper security support.  In the long run that's a really, really essential feature for browsers.

You misunderstood me, I'm proposing to make it opt-in like the mp3
codecs on the "Prepare page".

> The fact that Lubuntu made a different choice should not sway us a bit.

You're right. I was simply putting the facts out there. I am of the
opinion that we should talk to the Lubuntu folks about how choosing
chromium as the default is turning out for them with respect to
security updates etc.