Kubuntu has no integration of XDG directories in file manager.

Pan Shi Zhu pan.shizhu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 13:57:46 GMT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Harald Sitter <apachelogger at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Exactly what is the ratinale for those folders getting to be shortcuts?

The rationale is consistency.

Those directories are created by kubuntu installer, so we should make
use of them and create shortcut in dolphin.

If we leave user an empty home without any directories (like most
other distributions do), then it is okay to leave dolphin as default.
This can be an option: just remove those directories in installer.

It really is no point to create those directories while kubuntu do not
make any shortcut to use them.