Kubuntu has no integration of XDG directories in file manager.
apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 23 08:59:55 GMT 2010
Exactly what is the ratinale for those folders getting to be shortcuts?
Just some thoughts on this.
- dolphin uses home as starting point
- home is already a shortcut
- we do not actively use downloads, share or templates
- linking to desktop is redundant with it being on the desktop already
- should be done upstream
- translations might be super long, either not fitting the list at all or
makign it shrink quite a bit
- we do not use icons for those folders, which makes it pretty much impossible
to implement this change altogether ... yet again -> should be done upstream
Additionally I personally think that this would just clutter the default
dolphin. Imagie the first use experience here. You open dolphin and see loads
of duplication. That hardly can be a good thing.
Also, adding those dirs makes the places list feel a lot more busy, I have got
about the same amount of dirs and the other day a bingdows friend of mine was
rather confused at what this thingy might be.
Even this ought to be implemented upstream I sure hope Peter implements some
visual difference between user created links, default directory links and
device links (considering I did not forget about any category here :))
Kubuntu Core Developer
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
Url : https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-devel/attachments/20100323/81afaf98/attachment.pgp
More information about the kubuntu-devel