Progress bar animations for KDE 4.4 ?

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 20:18:48 GMT 2010

It didn't work for me with a fresh alpha2 install nor after installing the
beta nvidia drivers from nvidia download.

Should I be using default ubuntu nvidia driver installed via hardware
drivers?

I've noticed this in konqueror, dolphin (file ops) and kpackagekit (update
packages) and also manually by running something like:

dcopRef=$(kdialog --title "DCOP Progress" --progressbar "Initializing . . ."
12)
qdbus $dcopRef org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Set
org.kde.kdialog.ProgressDialog value 3

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong here?