Progress bar animations for KDE 4.4 ?

Richard JOHNSON nixternal at ubuntu.com
Sat Jan 16 20:43:52 GMT 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 01:48:48AM +0530, Vishal Rao wrote:
> It didn't work for me with a fresh alpha2 install nor after installing the
> beta nvidia drivers from nvidia download.
>
> Should I be using default ubuntu nvidia driver installed via hardware
> drivers?
>
> I've noticed this in konqueror, dolphin (file ops) and kpackagekit (update
> packages) and also manually by running something like:
>
> dcopRef=$(kdialog --title "DCOP Progress" --progressbar "Initializing . . ."
> 12)
> qdbus $dcopRef org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Set
> org.kde.kdialog.ProgressDialog value 3
>
> Any ideas what I might be doing wrong here?

Rock on, that's the type of info that makes this a bit easier to work out.
I just gave this a shot in Kubuntu, openSUSE, and Arch, all the latest. I
do notice a bit of jaggy'ness with all 3 using the kdialog/qdbus calls you
listed. It is hard to tell if it is the shading of the animation or what,
it happens so fast :)

I am going to check out dolphin/konqi on all of them while transferring
some files.

--
 Name|  Richard JOHNSON
Title|  Developer
Email|  nixternal at ubuntu.com
GnuPG|  3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96  7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738