Progress bar animations for KDE 4.4 ?

Richard JOHNSON nixternal at ubuntu.com
Sat Jan 16 18:39:05 GMT 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 10:58:20PM +0530, Vishal Rao wrote:
> I noticed Kubuntu Lucid does not have smooth animated progress bars which
> I've seen after installing KDE built off the branch in Arch.
>
> Why is this and will it be available/enabled in Lucid final? (Assuming I'm
> not doing something wrong...)
>
> I've got nvidia 8800GT with the properietary 195.30 beta drivers on
> x86_64...

They are smooth for me and I am using hardware that isn't as powerful
graphics wise to what you are using (I don't think). I am using all Intel
hardware here. In order for any of us to come up with a why it is doing
this, I think we need a bit more information.

Can you try and explain which application(s) it is happening in, so I can
see what I get? I know with certain apps that I use (Konqueror and
KDevelop), any progress bars seem smooth.

FYI: For anyone that wants to say, it isn't happening with $x but it is
with Kubuntu, please either give more information that might be able to
help troubleshoot such an issue, otherwise we will more than likely put it
off as trolling at best. I use openSUSE, Fedora, Arch, Kubuntu, Debian, and
Mandriva on the same machine, because a lot of people keep saying, "Well
in foo it doesn't do it but in bar it does." Thus far I haven't been able
to validate a single complaint, because they are all abusing memory the
same and all crashing in the same exact spot. Well, KRunner is an
exception, but that seems to be a libc issue from my understanding.

--
 Name|  Richard JOHNSON
Title|  Developer
Email|  nixternal at ubuntu.com
GnuPG|  3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96  7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738