little list of proposals by kubuntu italian user

Serhiy Kachaniuk serzholino at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 08:03:55 GMT 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, it doesn't mount until I click on either "browse folders" or
> "digikam" :-/ That means even though I'm going to access it through the CLI I
> still have to let it open up Dolphin or Digikam, so I agree it could be
> better.
If you use 4.4,  automounting can be enabled in systemsettings:
Advanced tab/Removable devices (translated from ukrainian, actual
wording can be different )

As for camera devices, probably your camera exposes it's storage as
USB mass storage device, but unfortunately not all cameras do this. In
kde3 for those cameras kamera:// kio-slave was used. I don't have such
camera either and cannot check if it works in KDE4, but there is
kamera module in system settings, maybe it can help