little list of proposals by kubuntu italian user

Yuriy Kozlov yuriy.kozlov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 20:03:32 GMT 2010

>> 7) artwork: We are asking for artwork in Kubuntu like other distro
>> have. A not invasive artwork, in according with the default style of
>> KDE, but at the same time a brand for Kubuntu. Only simple work:
>>           - Kubuntu-Icon for kickoff;
>>           - Kubuntu logo in KDE Splash;
>>           - Kubuntu Wallpaper branded with Kubuntu logo.
>>           - Kubuntu logo in kdm;
>
> We have as a goal to stick closely to upstream KDE, so we use KDE logos
> instead of Kubuntu logos.

Let's not get carried away with this.  Kubuntu deserves some branding,
and there are appropriate places for it.  This is what splash screens
are for.  I would love to see a smooth boot sequence from
usplash/plymouth to kdm to ksplash with the Kubuntu logo (the one with
the name) centerpiece.

~ Yuriy