L10n issues

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Sun May 3 15:48:06 BST 2009

On Sonntag, 3. Mai 2009 16:32:03 Luka Renko wrote:
> On Saturday 02 May 2009 22:13:49 Harald Sitter wrote:
> > It will be sent to a couple of affected people (that is the rosetta team,
> > ubuntu translators, ubuntu translation coordinator and kde l10n) to work
> > out a course of action.
> >
> > Before I do this (probably tomorrow around the same time) I'd like
> > everyone to take a quick look at
> > http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ajk6csn6c2vn_0c6d8rp6w in case you have
> > additions or feel uncomfortable with the content.
>
> Harald, I think you have captured most of the issues and also suggested
> some of possible solutions to improve the workflow.
>
> I think this topic require a brainstorming/specification session on
> upcoming UDS, as I think it needs in depth discussion between KDE people
> and Rosetta people. Will you (or somebody else with KDE l10n knowhow) be on
> UDS? Will Rosetta people be there?
> There should be a clear spec with goals for Karmic, otherwise this will be
> again only a surprise just before the release as the past has proven.

I am not at UDS, neither is someone from KDE l10n, I would actually think that
Canonical should invite someone from KDE l10n if they care about it at all.
Rosetta doods should be there though.

+1 on the specification

Honestly said though, this should have been discussed at last UDS, and one way
or another we have complained long enough, which lead to no results at all.