Confused about building kdebase package

Mitch Golden mgolden at mitchgolden.com
Wed Feb 4 04:54:04 GMT 2009

We have run across a strange problem.  We are unable to build the kdebase
package on Intrepid.

Do this:
apt-get source kdebase
debuild binary

You will get the error below:

cd . && QUILT_PATCHES=/home/obsidian/Projects/kde/kdebase-4.1.3/debian/patches quilt --quiltrc /dev/null push -a || test $? = 2
Applying patch kubuntu_04_hide_kfind.diff
patching file apps/kfind/kfind.desktop
Hunk #1 FAILED at 81.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- rejects in file apps/kfind/kfind.desktop
Patch kubuntu_04_hide_kfind.diff does not apply (enforce with -f)
make: *** [debian/stamp-patched] Error 1
debuild: fatal error at line 1305:
couldn't exec debian/rules:

The weird thing is that this is on the package's internal diff! This seems
very wrong to us. We have never been unable to build a deb before.

Any ideas?

   - Mitch Golden