k3b for kde4 in kubuntu jaunty?

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Apr 14 21:04:35 BST 2009

Anthony Mercatante wrote:
> Feel free to report any test you've performed.

Here is a report of my latest tests with k3b and associated packages
version 1.0.5+kde4svn951942-0ubuntu1~ppa4.

* ISO file selection:

I navigate to a directory with ISO files. I click on the file name of a
small ISO file and a window pops up for burning the image. However the
selected file is NOT the one I just clicked but probably the first ISO
file I ever selected on this installation.

I navigate to a directory with ISO files. I click on the file name of a
big ISO file and it seems like nothing happens. There is no feedback
like a spinning cursor but K3b uses 92% CPU and is busy possibly
calculationg the md5sum of the ISO file, the disk is busy as well. After
about 1/2 minute the window pops up for burning the image. However the
selected file is NOT the one I clicked but again probably the first ISO
file I ever selected on this installation.

All the following tests were successful. I used the default settings
unless mentioned otherwise.

* New data project
- Write file to DVD+RW with verify no multisession.
- Write file to DVD+RW with verify starting multisession.
- Write some files to DVD+RW with verify continuing multisession.
- Write file to DVD+RW with verify closing multisession.
- Write file to CD-RW with verify no multisession.
- Write file to CD-RW with verify starting multisession.
- Write some files to CD-RW with verify continuing multisession.
- Write file to CD-RW with verify closing multisession.

* New Audio-CD
- Write some audio tracks to CD-RW.

* Copy Medium
- Copy Audio-CD to CD-RW.
- Copy Video-DVD to DVD+RW with verify, tiny issue: The DVD+RW is not
ejected after verifying.

* Burn image
- Burn iso image to CD-RW with verify.
- Burn video-DVD image to DVD+RW with verify.

Nils