Guidance Displayconfig Support For Incomplete/No Xorg.conf

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at
Tue Mar 11 12:33:09 GMT 2008

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:20:58 +0100 Sven Boden <svenboden at> wrote:
>I can test. Anyone can probably test, the bugs I know in displayconfig are
not related to specific hardware but to changes in pieces of software which
have not made it to all surrounding application.
>I had e.g. following bug with the
default xorg.conf, but was I added a screen and some resolutions (as it was
before) the bug went away.
Right.  Some of these problems are guidance and some the underlying
infrastructure.  I'm not an xorg expert, but my Python should be sufficient
if I have useful feedback from guidance.

Please run displayconfig from the command line and attach it to the
relevants bugs.

Scott K