Fwd: Re: [kubuntu-users] UPDATE: Announcement from www.kubuntu.de

jos poortvliet jos at mijnkamer.nl
Tue Apr 11 16:42:02 BST 2006

> Jos,
>
> I would at times agree that the percived support of Kubuntu is a little
> low, but maybe that is because there is just not the visible support that
> you see.

Exactly. well, then, if the real support is bettern than what's percieved by
users AND developers (AMu), that's what should be targeted more, isn't it?
so, more Kubuntu related blogs on ubuntu's blog pages, more visible
appearance in press anouncements, and on webpages, stuff like that.

> Let me give an example:
>
> The flight wiki pages that were released just before the release of the
> different flights (wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperFlight5,
> wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperFlight6,etc) were done with a specific focus on what
> was coming up with each new release.  In fact mgalvin (the creator of the
> different pages) posted on his blog about this.  One of the facts that was
> not mentioned was that during the last Kubuntu Team meeting we talked about
> getting two people to work on this.  One of them was me, but I did not get
> a chance to tackle this due to involvement in other projects.  Anyways this
> is just an example of that "lack of support."
> The problem I have and I think Riddell has (though I don't want to put
> words in his mouth) is the way this has been addressed.  Things posted on
> OSNEWS.com and other sites, did it make it to slashdot I hope not, hurt
> (K)Ubuntu.

and things like that give someone a feeling of being neglected. so he/she
starts thinking Kubuntu gets less than it deserves. so he/she starts to look
for evidence for this. and finds it, as one always will find what he/she is
looking for ;-)

so i think Canonical has to do some impression management, esp toward its
volunteers on Kubuntu. looks like we agree on this, don't we?

> Jonathan

grtz

superstoned / jos

--
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would
be a merrier world.