Debugging Sound Problems

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 2 21:24:51 UTC 2011

I used the apport audio symptom for the first time in quite a while and
I have to say is really awesome!  Having said that I'm a bit confused as
the bug I reported[1] was filed with an alsa-driver task yet the
debugging sound problems wiki page[2] says:

In general, no-sound/low-sound/headphone-no-sound/no auto-mute/etc. bugs
should be:

    1) Filed against the linux source package.
    2) Add the kernel-sound tag

My bug falls into the headphone-no-sound category (I'm pretty sure) and
it seems to me that this should be detectable by the symptom.  So is the
wiki page incorrect or does the audio apport symptom need some tweaking?

[1] http://launchpad.net/bugs/728304
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingSoundProblems
--
Brian Murray