Regain access to environment after losing .jenv file

j.c.sackett j.c.sackett at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 17:11:38 UTC 2015

Hey all--

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 9:02 AM, Jorge Niedbalski <
jorge.niedbalski at canonical.com> wrote:

> We ran into a similar scenario but using the OpenStack Provider, I did
> wrote down a blog
> post for recovering the environment
>
> http://www.metaklass.org/how-to-recover-juju-from-a-lost-juju-openstack-provider/
>
> Perhaps this may help you to recover access.

So this got me a good ways; I've recovered what appears to be the right
info for my environment; juju status no longer immediately throws an error.
However, everything hangs. Running:

juju --debug -v status

Shows the hang is from it dialing the bootstrap host, with "x509:
certificate signed by unknown authority" -- seems odd, as I've gotten these
certs directly from juju's config on the bootstrap host, per your post.

Any thoughts?

--Jon