new juju quickstart 2.0 and releases of jujucharms.com and the Juju GUI

Richard Harding rick.harding at canonical.com
Thu Mar 5 15:28:09 UTC 2015

The UI Engineering team is proud to announce a series of releases from this
week.

The big update is juju-quickstart hitting 2.0. You can find all the details
in the blog post [1] but the big thing to be aware of is that
juju-quickstart now talks to the new charmstore and uses the apiv4 [2].
Part of this is support for deploying bundles using the new jujucharms.com
ID syntax.  What's great is that the url you see on jujucharms.com is now
the ID you pass to juju-quickstart.

We also released new versions of jujucharms.com and the Juju GUI. Both of
which are updated so that the deployment instructions for bundles use the
new juju-quickstart 2.0 syntax. What's great is that the new commands are
shorter and simpler. For a promulgated bundle this is as nice as:

juju quickstart transcode-cloud

jujucharms.com got numerous bug fixes along with updating sharing to
twitter and Google+. You can check out that we now have full charm icon
support in sharing so when you share out a charm it'll look even more
awesome.

https://plus.google.com/116120911388966791792/posts/M3hE8oF1S9y
https://twitter.com/mitechie/status/573498215116369921

The Juju GUI also had a few bugs fixed, some more api calls moved to the
newer and much faster charmstore v4 api, and updated deployment
instructions for the new juju-quickstart 2.0

Thank you all for the great feedback and bug reports and we'll continue to
make things better and are working on our updates for the next release
scheduled to happen on the 16th.

1: https://jujugui.wordpress.com/2015/03/03/juju-quickstart-2-0
2: https://github.com/juju/charmstore/blob/v4/docs/API.md

--