Charm Ecosystem Status for 22 May
Jorge O. Castro
jorge at ubuntu.com
Wed May 22 17:04:05 UTC 2013
Here's the status in rendered form if you don't like the raw markdown:
Here's all the goodies for the week:
- [Video recording](http://youtu.be/5iNX5Qy6Lzk)
- [Status Board](https://trello.com/board/charmers-board/4ec1696da3f94bd2ea5b2b01)
- [Juju.u.c Meeting
# Updates this past week:
- Charm Auditing! Marco will be providing list of things and charms
not up to snuff, post to list in order to get fixes (or eventually
remove from store)
Please check out the blueprints, there's a ton of detail there!
## Charm Tools
- Fixed dependency to recommend juju-core or juju, fixes Jono's bug.
- charm-helpers being split into it's own project:
- Rewriting a bunch of them into python instead of a mishmash of
bash and python, gives us cross-OS compatability, better templating,
- Rolling out a single charm-helpers package
- Pre-beta live site (Nick hates it when we link it. :))
- Current docs not generating, filed RT, IS to complete by the end
of this week.
- Code: lp:~evilnick/juju/go-juju-docs
-[arosales] Todo to make a better docs staging site
## Charm Testing
- Rewriting the `jitsu test` code so it works as a juju plugin to
enable easier testing.
## Charm Framework Updates
- node.js - Jeff Pihach linked up with Mims, experienced node.js dev.
Good things on the roadmap here. We'll get a better status when Mims
returns from Gluecon
- rails/rack - Follow up with Pavel?
- Django, someone mentioned in UDS that it's nearly ready to be
submitted to the store.
## CFPs & Upcoming Events
- Mark Mims is at Gluecon! Go get em!
- Submitted to Strata in NYC. (mims)
- Strata in London submission in progress (jamespage)
- TexasLinuxFest, arosales to present.
## Charm Schools
- Next Friday is Part 2 of "How to write a charm"
- We'd like to have a roadmap for charm schools
- Over the next day or so Jorge to publish a schedule for charm
schools, will be on the Events.
- We'd like to be responsive to user needs.
- Keep biweekly cadence, be flexible enough to do on-the-spot charm schools.
- Jorge to add more detail to charm schools on the web page, show what
topics were covered in more detail.
- capture the IRC Logs (duh!).
- Topics people want: Puppet/Juju, Charming from Scratch, Improving an
existing charm (including the workflow to submit it back)
More information about the Juju