Fat clients boot but no internet on clinets...

Jim Christiansen jim.c.christiansen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 19:38:45 UTC 2011

Thank you Johnathon.  My students used your how to that I had come upon to
do the ltsp install on 10.04.  It was your how to that told my students to
apt-get openarena.  The how to looked good when I skimmed it so I just had
them go through it on a new server they built.  Boy, did they have grins on
their faces when I asked why openarena is installing!

We did the iptables route rather than trying to manage it through dhcp.conf.

Internet seems to be working on the clients- we only have three clients now
but will try to get 30 running this week.

I thought the nat ip_forward=1 was for systems with two nics.??  The ltsp
server has only one nic and is inside the firewall at school, but clients
seem to function well.

Jim