Fat clients boot but no internet on clinets...

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 17 18:07:48 UTC 2011

On 17/02/11 12:57 PM, Jim Christiansen wrote:
> I have a student who has done an ltsp install on top of Ubuntu 10.04
> server.  He has built the fat client image and the clients boot, test
> users can log on and even play openarena.
>
> The only trouble we have so far is that the browser can not connect to
> internet...  The server can talk to the outside world- not the clients.

Since the fat clients are essentially full machines, you'll either have
to set their nameservers/router in the dhcpd.conf file (if the machine
can route to it) or if it can't, use your terminal server as a router.

This guide explains the latter:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/ThinClientHowtoNAT

HTH

-Jonathan